Does your home have elevated yard spaces or sloping? Are you uncertain whether leveling the ground in these areas to match your home’s landscaping or actually building a retaining wall will suit you best? Well, then let the experts here at American Renovation Services help. Leveling the ground may very well turn into a very costly and time consuming project. On the other hand, however, building a structure to address sloping land is ultimately more functional and can absolutely be aesthetically quite pleasing, thus the design and build of a retaining wall may be the best solution for you.
What is a Retaining Wall?
A retaining wall is a carefully designed structure that serves to hold back soil, prevent down slope movement and provide a specialized support for vertical land changes. They can serve a variety of other purposes, including adding to the appeal of your home and property and enhancing the overall value of your home as well. They offer you a unique opportunity to create and design an attractive, functional piece of landscape on your property. When you have a retaining wall installed, it primarily helps to prevent erosion by holding back soil on your land.
Some Important Facts to Know About Building a Retaining Wall
- Which Material Shall I Use – Surely you want your newly built retaining wall to complement the already existing layout and décor of your home and landscaping. Whether you choose bricks, stones or timber, rest assured we handle it all. Stones are more often than not the most favored material choice because of their very rustic yet elegant design and appeal. Though they can be a bit more expensive, indeed they present with a high aesthetic appeal and are often the material of choice of many homeowners.
- Hiring Professional Designers and Builders – Designing and building a retaining wall takes a whole lot of creative thinking, planning, and work overall, much more than most people think. The structure of the wall needs to be strong enough to support any soil behind the wall. The backfill must be compacted and multiple layers applied. Furthermore, much attention must be given to drainage so as to control any water flow. For these reasons, we highly recommend working with our professionals so as to not only save time and frustration, but avoid mishaps of any kind and save money as well.
- Choosing the Perfect Design Pattern – There are a variety of styles and designs to choose from including straight retaining walls, tiered walls, and more stylish curved patterns to name just a few. Our consultants and designers will work right alongside of you to understand your ideas and help create and design the perfect retaining wall style and design for your home and family.
Benefits of Retaining Walls
- The benefits are many. For starters, a uniquely designed retaining wall that is specifically designed to complement your home’s already existing décor and landscaping allows you to make the maximum use of your landscaping.
- When your retaining wall is installed properly, you will find that they do not need much upkeep at all. Care is quite easy and a simple check of the pipes from time to time to make sure they are not clogged is about the only maintenance needed.
- There is a good deal of versatility when designing and building a retaining wall. They can be constructed in a variety of shapes, with a vast choice of colors, textures and materials.
- Besides adding to the overall beauty and appeal of your outdoor space, retaining walls help to prevent soil movement in your yard and also help to improve water drainage. Above all, they enhance the look and value of your home and property as well.
If you are thinking about designing and building a retaining wall for your home and property, then surely you have come to the right place. Take a moment now to give a call out to our consultants and schedule your free consultation and estimate. The team here at American Renovation Services looks forward to serving you and to contributing to the perfect design, creation and build of your unique retaining wall that is sure to make you the envy of all your neighbors. Don’t delay. Contact us today!!