Fall is the best time of year to invest in and perform home improvement projects and repairs. Cold weather and extremely hot weather makes it rather difficult and challenging to perform outdoor work which is why Fall tends to be a favored time of year for homeowners to take on needed maintenance tasks. With that said the team here at American Renovation Services wanted to offer our clients insight on some of the more important fall maintenance tasks that they should give attention to.
By engaging in these home maintenance tasks now you can improve overall energy efficiency and also minimize costs for repairs that can become quite serious over time. Whether roofing, pressure washing, replacement windows, remodeling, or outdoor living space additions we handle it all. With that said, let us provide you with your fall maintenance checklist to keep your home and property looking spectacular and functioning at peak levels.
- Schedule a roof inspection to identify any problem areas. Wind, rain, snow and ice can definitely wreak all types of havoc on your roof. A fall roof inspection is ideal before the bitter cold winter months set in. Our professionals will perform a thorough inspection, identify any problems, and provide you with effective and efficient solutions. Broken or missing shingles, rust on the flashing or mold, to name a few are easily identified with our top-notch inspection. An annual roof inspection will not only keep you ahead of any serious damage but will also extend the lifespan of your roof.
- Clean out your gutter system and downspouts. During the fall months, leaves change and fall from the trees often times making their way into your gutter system. When this happens, clogs often occur which, over time, can lead to other foundation problems as well as water damage within your home. When winter sets in, a clogged gutter system can result in ice dams causing water buildup on your roof. For this reason, it is extremely important to perform this fall maintenance task twice per year, in order to help protect your home.
- Remove dead tree limbs and branches. At the end of the fall season, trees are in a dormant state of growth and remain in this stage all winter long. This is the perfect time for pruning so as to promote further healthy growth of your trees, and removing branches that could potentially cause all types of damage to your home and property.
- Take steps to keep unwanted critters out of your home by sealing. When the cold weather starts to set in, critters of all types begin to look for nesting and often times try to make their way into your home. When you seal any opening you have in your windows or doors with weather stripping these annoying critters are not able to get in. If you have any gaps that are too big for weather stripping then investing in some caulking or spray foam to eliminate the gaps and the critters too is the perfect plan of attack.
- Be sure to winterize your home. Lastly, in addition to scheduling a roof and gutter system inspection, there are a variety of other ways in which you can winterize your home. Test your smoke and your carbon monoxide detectors, perform a trial run of your heating system, check that air filters are changed, insulate any pipes that may be exposed to avoid freezing, and make certain to store away any outdoor furniture or items you may have in your outdoor living space. It is always best to store these items away in a garage, a small cellar, or other interior living space.
Summer has come to a close and fall is right around the corner which means that winter is not far behind. With that said, take time out now to schedule necessary fall maintenance tasks to your home and property to prepare for the cold weather months ahead. To ensure the health, safety and efficiency of your home, reach out to the professionals here at American Renovation Services. We are definitely the team for you. Give a shout out to our team and schedule your inspections or other maintenance services now. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round maintenance, remodeling, renovation and other home improvement services this side of Tennessee. Don’t delay. Winter is creeping up on us , so contact our professionals today!!