A home renovation project can be a bit challenging, but does not have to be stressful if you take certain steps to prepare for the upcoming construction. Here at American Services of TN our team of dedicated professionals takes tremendous pride in our premier home renovation projects and in helping all our valued clients get the results they are looking for.
With that said, we want to share with you some important tips to follow to ensure your renovation project is successful.
- Put Your Design and Construction Team in Place – Be sure to choose and assemble your renovation team in advance of any work starting to allow team members to collaborate together and present the design you want in the price range that is affordable to you. This holds true whether you are working with a design, renovation company or with an individual contractor or architect. The team you put in place needs to brainstorm together and share ideas and information that are not only cost-effective for you, but are aesthetically appealing as well and meet with your personal requirements.
- Put a Master Plan in Place – If your home renovation project is going to be budgeted for and performed in stages, then it is essential that you discuss all aspects of the project and its phases with your renovation team especially if the plumbing system, electrical wires or even heating and cooling systems will be affected. Your design and construction team will help you to save money down the road by planning your renovation project accordingly.
- Ensure the Project Plan and Timeline is in Place Upfront – Budgets, timelines, project phases and the likes must incorporate each and every detail of your renovation project. Right out of the gate, the efficient construction team will consult with you regarding your design and style preferences, your lifestyle, any priorities you may have and details about your existing décor as well. They should be steadfast in their efforts to comply with all your design and feature criteria and give focus to your project budget at all times. During your ongoing consultation, the contractor will put in place an accurate estimate and proposal of the work to be performed which will include scheduling, budgets and work phases. This planning phase typically takes a few weeks to complete.
- Don’t Forget to Ask to See the Layout and Blue Prints – Every homeowner who elects to perform a home renovation is every bit anxious to see how their new living space will look and feel once the project is completed. It is very hard to make an informed decision about the what, whys and wheres of your project without visualizing the final project. Your design and construction team should provide you with computer visual aids, sketches, illustrations and even blue prints in advance of the project startup to allow you to make any and all informed decisions about your renovation project. Visual aids certainly make it a whole lot easier for homeowners to make the best choices for their project and living space.
- Open Communication – The success of your renovation project will be dependent a great deal on open communication between yourself and your builders. As your renovation project moves forward into the design and construction phases you want to ensure that you are communicating on a daily basis with your team and that they are providing you with data on each of the tasks and phases completed. They should especially communicate any changes or materials needed that may ultimately affect your project schedule or budget.
If you are planning a home renovation project then we are the team for you. Simply give a shout out to one of our team members here at American Services of TN and schedule your free consultation today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the highest quality products and renovation services this side Tennessee!